Contained in the Toyota Middle in Houston, UFC 271 will function a middleweight championship rematch between Israel Adesanya and Robert Whittaker. Whittaker is trying to settle a rating, whereas Adesanya is able to show he’s the perfect fighter inside the division.
The 2 fighters final confronted off at UFC 243 in 2019. Adesanya knocked out Whittaker within the second spherical to win the UFC middleweight title.
Adesanya made his MMA debut in 2012 following a profitable kickboxing profession, and “The Final Stylebender” is 10-1 within the UFC since becoming a member of the promotion in 2018. After beating Whittaker for the title at UFC 243, he has efficiently defended it in opposition to Yoel Romero, Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori. Adesanya tried however did not win the UFC mild heavyweight title in opposition to Jan Blachowicz in his lone MMA loss at UFC 259.
Whittaker made his MMA debut in 2009. An Final Fighter winner, Whittaker beat Romero to turn into undisputed welterweight champion in 2017. Since dropping to Adesanya, he has overwhelmed Darren Until, Jared Cannonier and Kelvin Gastelum.
Sporting Information can be offering reside updates from Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2 and your complete UFC 271 card. Observe alongside under.
UFC 271 reside updates, highlights from Israel Adesanya vs. Robert Whittaker 2
8:25 p.m. ET – Because the opening spherical, Cherant has been reserved together with his offense. Ulberg takes him down late within the third spherical to carry the benefit over Ulberg. It was sufficient for him to win the combat, with 30-27 scorecards from all three judges.
8:10 p.m. ET – The prelims on ESPN/ESPN+ begins with Carlos Ulberg vs. Fabio Cherant. Cherant was hit by a under the belt shot early, and as soon as he recovered he landed massive photographs by the cage. He would proceed to land photographs as the primary spherical got here to a detailed however Ulberg landed the cleaner photographs.
UFC 271: Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2 begin time
- Early prelims: 6 p.m. ET
- Prelims: Eight p.m. ET
- Primary card: 10 p.m. ET
- Primary occasion: Midnight ET (approximate)
UFC 271 will happen on Saturday, Feb. 12, with the early prelims kicking the occasion off round 6 p.m. ET. Adesanya and Whittaker ought to enter the octagon round midnight ET, relying on the size of the undercard bouts.
What channel is UFC 271 on?
- TV channels: ESPN, ESPN Deportes
- Reside stream: ESPN+
The principle card for UFC 271 is out there within the U.S. on the ESPN+ subscription service for a pay-per-view price. That portion of the occasion begins at 10 p.m. ET. Earlier fights, nonetheless, are in a position to be seen reside on ESPN, the WatchESPN app and UFC Struggle Go.
In Canada, the principle card pay-per-view is out there on Bell, Rogers, Shaw, SaskTel, Videotron, Telus Eastlink and UFC PPV on UFC Struggle Go.
- Present yearly subscribers can get UFC 271 for $74.99.
- Present month-to-month subscribers can get UFC 271 and an upgraded bundle at a reduced charge of $99.98. They will additionally buy the occasion for $74.99.
- New subscribers will pay a bundle worth of $99.98 for the UFC 271 pay-per-view and an ESPN+ annual subscription.
|ESPN+ Month-to-month Subscription||$6.99/month|
|ESPN+ Annual Subscription||$69.99/yr|
|The Disney Bundle w/Hulu Advert-Supported||$19.99/month|
|The Disney Bundle w/Hulu No-Advertisements||$13.99/month|
|UFC PPV Standalone||$74.99 every|
|UFC PPV Package deal (UFC PPV & ESPN+ Annual)||$99.98, then $69.99/yr|
|UFC PPV & The Disney Bundle||$88.98, then $13.99/month|
UFC 271 combat card
Primary card (10 p.m. ET)
- Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Robert Whittaker for the UFC middleweight title
- Derrick Lewis vs. Tai Tuivasa; heavyweights
- Jared Cannonier vs. Derek Brunson; middleweights
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Renato Moicano; lightweights
- Bobby Inexperienced vs. Nasrat Haqparast; lightweights
Prelims (Eight p.m. ET)
- Andre Arlovski vs. Jared Vanderaa; heavyweights
- Roxanne Modafferi vs. Casey O’Neill; flyweights
- Kyler Philips vs. Marcelo Rojo; bantamweights
- Carlos Ulberg def. Fabio Cherant through unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Early prelims (6 p.m. ET)
- Ronnie Lawrence def. Mana Martinez through unanimous determination (29-27, 29-27, 29-28)
- Jacob Malkoun def. AJ Dobson through unanimous determination (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Douglas Silva de Andrade def. Sergey Morozov through rear-naked choke (3:34 into spherical two)
- Jeremiah Wells def. Blood Diamond through rear-naked choke (4:38 into spherical one)
- Maxim Grishin def. William Knight through unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Sporting Information could earn an affiliate fee once you join a streaming service by way of our hyperlinks. Sporting Information’ associates don’t have any affect over the editorial content material included on this article.